Tuesday, July 26, 2011

let's do some thinking out loud

this blog has been good to me. a receptacle for a varied array of content, it has let me feel like my hands are always close enough to something that i can get them dirty. say what i wanna say. do it my way. sashay, shante.

in the pre-sheez-its era, i took to myspace (oh, don't act like you don't know) to throw some words around and try to make someone notice. a lot of sociological commentary, some culinary experiments, a couple quasi-rap-poems. it was good fun, and kept the verbiage flowing like franzia. but then i wanted to make it more legitimate, swoop up my own domain--like moving out of an apartment and into a house--and get real.

so that brought me here: random and somewhat tasty treats from the delsheez. this space has gone through phases to mimic those of my life. upon entry into the guild of the unemployed, i spewed my revelations on freedom. while globetrotting, i jotted down my reflections of the world which were at times trivial and/or offensive, but always honest.

and now i have come to question...

does it lack identity or can it be a canvas that i continually add to, making the landscape more complex and maybe even more confusing? i am always changing so i suppose the sheez-its must follow suit.

music, food, weirdness, street art, dance, words, sunlight. my curiosities abound.

i will continue to bring them. what you take is on you.


1 comment: