Saturday, January 1, 2011

delsheeZOO: day six

¡feliz año nuevo, devoted readers of this ridiculous animal saga! i now have only 3 days left of my duties. the biggest challenge at this time is that i start work on monday (after an 18 month employment hiatus) and i'm nervous enough about how my body will rise & shine on time and how my brain will function in a professional capacity without the stress of tending to the farm in the wee hours of the morning. as long as mickey doesn't try to fly the coop again and the rest stay alive and cooperative, i should be in good standing to close out tuesday morning with a winning record.

my mom happily accompanied me to walk the dogs this morning. see, this is why moms are pretty great. she didn't offer to pick up the poop this time (though she did earlier this week, SCORE) but she was all fired up about the adventure, which kind of prevented me from getting all angry at the dogs when they act up and try to mess with me.

still a slew of floating dead crickets in the frog tank. i am pretty close to confirming he's a bit anorexic. (can one be "a bit" anorexic? perhaps it's more of an all-or-nothing kind of thing.)

the felines are fine.

the crabs are...crabby.

i'm shooting for a lot more status quo til my term here is up. tuesday, i can see you on the horizon and i can't wait until that moment when i wrap you in my arms and tell you how i've longed for your touch.

it will be magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment