Friday, December 31, 2010

delsheeZOO: day five

being that today marks the end of 2010 and has incidentally been quite busy, i'm going to make up for the lack of pictures in previous posts by dumping a bunch on you now and banking on that whole "a picture's worth a thousand words" thing.

i will share one quick anecdote, however. this morning when i took the pups out for a stroll, we encountered another dog. i had been forewarned to try to avoid other dogs because cassie (big) goes nutto, though the streets are public domain and this cannot always be avoided. so she starts barking ferociously and pulling my entire body in her direction, and in the direction of this other pooch. while i am trying to plant my feet firmly and prevent a suburban so-cal dogfight that would make even michael vick blush, mickey (little) somehow weasels out of his collar (and thus off his leash) and starts running amok in the street. mickey is so feisty (and bad with authority) that even when i open the front door to the house to leave, he tries to sneak out. he's got prison break on his mind. so naturally, a leash-less mickey is not high on my list of priorities this holiday season. i am kind of freaking out. i ask the woman with the other dog, who is just standing still, nestled between two parked cars, to keep her dog back and try to grab mickey. i can't let him escape but also can't let cassie get too close to the other guy. somehow, some angel above decided to do me a solid and let mickey come close enough to me that i could swoop him up under my arm. i then held cassie's leash in one hand and struggled to keep her calm and in the right direction and held mickey under my other arm as we walked for a couple blocks, where cassie decided it was the right time to drop one on the grass. i realize there is no way i am picking up poop while holding one dog under my arm and another one on a leash in the other hand so i somehow get the collar and leash back on mickey and that is settled. let's hope my first morning of 2011 is nothing like the last one of 2010.

without further ado, some photo ops of my animal kingdom:



hermie after his morning spritzer



hermie 2.0



cassie before she tries to ruin my day



sleeping with a dog at my head and a cat at my feet



waking up to mental mickey



kermit knows how to kick it



evidence of crickets floating in the water/does kermit have an eating disorder?



No comments:

Post a Comment